VR games have transformed from a quaint peculiarity a few years ago to a billion-dollar industry. As a part of that transformation, the games are becoming more complex and therefore we are now in need of finding a Game Systems Programmer with a multiplayer focus!
What you'll do:
This is a great chance for you to take part in a talented team that works on creating social games that everyone can enjoy. You’ll be working in a small team, with short development phases where collaboration with your team, and also our Shared tech team is key. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Write game-specific code, hosted both in our own environment and in BaaS, like Playfab, enabling our games to have a persistent online presence
- Integrate and contribute to our shared backend services, accessed via SDKs and APIs provided by our shared tech team
- Defining these APIs for client-server communication together with the game teams
- From time to time troubleshoot, and improve our client SDK’s
- Implement gameplay and support systems features in VR & AR games
- Work with other disciplines to implement graphics, animations, and audio
- Foresee technical problems related to your tasks
- Create technical designs and implement solutions with the guidance of senior staff
- Implement code that is performant on low-spec devices like Oculus
- QuestDevelop well-structured and high-performance code of high quality
- Develop well-structured and high-performance code of high quality
- Extensive and proven experience as a backend programmer
- Good knowledge of C# and Unity
- Experience with Multiplayer servers and Backend as a Service
- Burning desire to ship early and improve
Nice to have
Experience with VR and AR SDK:s
- Experience with multiple programming languages, such as Rust or Python.
- Experience with microservices and cloud
- Experience with authentication services, server and client-side
- CI/CD experience
We believe that you are a person who enjoys creating cool VR/AR games but who wants to work less on features and more with backend.
Who we are
Resolution Games is a visual computing studio with a proven track record creating immersive gaming experiences for all. We believe that VR and AR aren’t just an add-on for gaming; they are the next logical steps for games. As players and game developers alike, we’ve always dreamed of this day - the day when we can be IN the games we love. That day is finally here, and we are putting all of our energy into making the most of it for all, whether it’s creating a positive experience for someone testing out VR for the first time to delivering a rich, in-depth multiplayer game that keeps enthusiasts hungry for more.
We are looking for someone who wants a unique opportunity and enjoys collaborating. Someone who wants to be a part of a team raising the bar and creating a new set of standards. Our colleagues have can-do attitudes who appreciate a small studio culture. Therefore, even though we have grown, we continue to work in small teams and experiment while tackling complex challenges. We value having every voice heard and seek out diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. Last but not least, we want those of you who are not just skilled but also a great addition to the team. That is because we believe in team over the individual, a great mix of freedom with responsibility, and that people should always come before the process. P.S. Employee stock options are available.