Resolution Games is a VR/AR studio focused on creating immersive experiences for all — from gamers to non-gamers alike. We enjoy pushing the limits and are therefore in need of a UI Artist to join the team. We know how critical user interfaces are to the player experience and have the ambition to be the best in class, specifically when it comes to UI for Virtual and Augmented Reality.
What you'll do
You are passionate about creating user-friendly art with an edge. You are an artist that is great with layout and care about readability. As a UI Artist, you need to be a good at collaboration since you will work together closely with other artists, developers, UX designers, and more on a daily basis. You will also work with the art director or art lead to make iterations and make the UI shine! You are preferably familiar with the whole process from making UI concept sketches in Photoshop, to saving sprites, and implementing them into prefabs in engine.
- Explore different artistic UI directions, creating mockups and moodboards to help different teams define their unique UI art style.
- Create assets for the UI for several titles in both 3D and 2D.
- Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and carry out revisions as requested.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a professional UI Artist in the video game industry
- Knowledge of working in Unity or other equivalent game engines
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop creating hand-painted assets
- Ability to produce final UI assets while adhering to an existing game’s art style
- Demonstrate good use of typography, composition, and color
- Collaborative workflow and ability to adhere to pipelines
- Comfortable using English in spoken and written form
- Knowledge of technical constraints, asset optimization, and implementation of interfaces in engine.
- 3D skills - Ability to model in 3D, UV, and texture models in a software such as Blender, Maya etc.
Nice to have
- Experience working with VR, PC, or mobile games
- Understanding of lighting and visuals
- Experience working on game projects in a cross-discipline team
- Familiarity with VFX and Animation
- Familiarity with creating vector assets
Who we are
Resolution Games is a visual computing studio with a proven track record creating immersive gaming experiences for all. We believe that VR and AR aren’t just an add-on for gaming; they are the next logical steps for games. As players and game developers alike, we’ve always dreamed of this day - the day when we can be IN the games we love. That day is finally here, and we are putting all of our energy into making the most of it for all, whether it’s creating a positive experience for someone testing out VR for the first time to delivering a rich, in-depth multiplayer game that keeps enthusiasts hungry for more.
We are looking for someone who wants a unique opportunity and enjoys collaborating. Someone who wants to be a part of a team raising the bar and creating a new set of standards. Our colleagues have can-do attitudes who appreciate a small studio culture. Therefore, even though we have grown, we continue to work in small teams and experiment while tackling complex challenges. We value having every voice heard and seek out diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. Last but not least, we want those of you who are not just skilled but also a great addition to the team. That is because we believe in team over the individual, a great mix of freedom with responsibility, and that people should always come before the process. P.S. Employee stock options are available.