Resolution Games is a VR/AR studio focused on creating immersive experiences for all — from gamers to non-gamers alike. We are currently looking for a Business Development Director that will interact directly with new and existing partners to drive and facilitate opportunities that bring sustainable growth to the business.
Are you an experienced business developer with an interest in establishing and building relationships in the emerging VR/AR segment of the games industry? Are you also someone with a great analytical mindset that thrives in a fast-paced environment? Then this role might be the perfect opportunity for you.
About the role
As a Business Development Director at Resolution Games you will be responsible for delivering detailed business cases for new opportunities while also identifying and delivering on these to support the growth of our games teams. Since this is a new role for us you will be responsible for setting up the structure to continue building our business in the best way possible. To do so successfully, you will need to have a deep understanding of the needs of emerging platforms and games. In this role you will work with multiple of our internal key stakeholders including our CEO, COO, President, CMO, CFO, CCO, producers and the legal team to mention a few.
What you'll do:
- Monitor and research market trends and competition as well as new business opportunities relevant to our strategy
- Stay informed about what Resolution Games is offering as well as the market to make sure you can identify new market opportunities and collaborations
- Help create presentations for different kinds of business proposals
- Establish a process around business development and partner relations for ongoing support and seeing projects through
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with new and existing partners
- Contract management, including reviewing documents as well as negotiation
- Reporting of new and ongoing deal flows
- Travel to trade shows to meet new and established partners
- 5+ years of experience working with business development in games
- 10+ years overall professional experience
- General understanding of game development
- Organizational skills, reporting and tracking experience
- Proficiency in English, verbal and written
- Clear track record of proven success
Nice to have:
- Experience working with games in emerging platforms like VR/AR
- IP/licensing experience
- 3rd party publishing experience
Great interpersonal skills is a must for this role and we believe that you are the kind of person who loves building and establishing relationships and is driven to do so. To be successful in this role you need to thrive in a flexible, can-do environment while being a great team player with awesome communication skills.
We are open to candidates who can work on site either in Stockholm or in the United States.
Who we are
Resolution Games is a visual computing studio with a proven track record creating immersive gaming experiences for all. We believe that VR and AR aren’t just an add-on for gaming; they are the next logical steps for games. As players and game developers alike, we’ve always dreamed of this day - the day when we can be IN the games we love. That day is finally here, and we are putting all of our energy into making the most of it for all, whether it’s creating a positive experience for someone testing out VR for the first time to delivering a rich, in-depth multiplayer game that keeps enthusiasts hungry for more.
We are looking for someone who wants a unique opportunity and enjoys collaborating. Someone who wants to be a part of a team raising the bar and creating a new set of standards. Our colleagues have can-do attitudes who appreciate a small studio culture. Therefore, even though we have grown, we continue to work in small teams and experiment while tackling complex challenges. We value having every voice heard and seek out diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. Last but not least, we want those of you who are not just skilled but also a great addition to the team. That is because we believe in team over the individual, a great mix of freedom with responsibility, and that people should always come before the process. P.S. Employee stock options are available.