Resolution Games is a Stockholm-based VR/AR studio focused on creating immersive experiences for all — from gamers to non-gamers alike. We are now looking for an experienced Concept artist with great fundamental art skills and a broad knowledge of design.
About the Role
Art and strong visuals are always at the heart of our games at Resolution Games. Therefore as a Concept Artist here, you will be responsible for creating images that inspire and shape the visuals of our games. You will be working with a small cross-functional team, so you together can unify the vision of the product. You will be expected to deliver high-end concept images. In this role you will be working on both existing IPs and new game ideas.
What you'll do:
- Create images that are consistent with the art direction and that clearly convey an idea
- Communicate with various stakeholders in the team and company, including the Art Director, Producers, and other team members, to gather feedback and unify the vision for the game visualization
- Create images of varying complexity, from the smallest detail on a prop to a grand vision of the entire game world.
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals, like light, color, and form
- High proficiency in Photoshop
- Wide portfolio containing examples of environment work, characters, props, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working with unity
- Knowledge of 3D software such as Maya or Blender
- Experience from the gaming industry
- Experience from working on an VR/AR projects
We are looking for an artist who is passionate about VR and AR. We believe that you have a balanced portfolio of environmental pieces, characters, props, and more. As a person we believe that you are open-minded and driven with a willingness to learn and the ability to take initiatives.
Who we are
Resolution Games is a visual computing studio with a proven track record creating immersive gaming experiences for all. We believe that VR and AR aren’t just an add-on for gaming; they are the next logical steps for games. As players and game developers alike, we’ve always dreamed of this day - the day when we can be IN the games we love. That day is finally here, and we are putting all of our energy into making the most of it for all, whether it’s creating a positive experience for someone testing out VR for the first time to delivering a rich, in-depth multiplayer game that keeps enthusiasts hungry for more.
We are looking for someone who wants a unique opportunity and enjoys collaborating. Someone who wants to be a part of a team raising the bar and creating a new set of standards. Our colleagues have can-do attitudes who appreciate a small studio culture. Therefore, even though we have grown, we continue to work in small teams and experiment while tackling complex challenges. We value having every voice heard and seek out diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. Last but not least, we want those of you who are not just skilled but also a great addition to the team. That is because we believe in team over the individual, a great mix of freedom with responsibility, and that people should always come before the process. P.S. Employee stock options are available.