Resolution Games is a VR/AR studio focused on creating immersive experiences for all — from gamers to non-gamers alike. We are currently looking for an experienced Art Director to join us in a role where you will be part of a collaborative company with experienced and highly skilled developers working with game teams across the company to create the next generation of games VR and AR. Are you an experienced art director with a passion for XR? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
About the role
As an Art Director at Resolution Games, you will translate the vision into artistic direction and design the visual style of the game. You will be responsible for ensuring that game visuals serve the game’s goals, themes and audience, with quality and consistency. You will also act as a visionary, inspiring, motivating and supporting your artistic colleagues. You’ll be involved in a number of games at the time, working both with developing art styles in a game’s initial phases, as well as reviewing, planning and supporting the team, during development.
What you'll do
- Drive the development of visual identity for new titles in collaboration with teams
- Develop key graphics and mockups with the team's concept artists to show what the game will look like
- Coordinate with our marketing team to help them best represent the game
- Plan the art production with the team's producer and assist with meeting milestones
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders
- Review art-related tasks of team members and outsourcing companies
You have delivered at least 5 game titles as part of a team OR at least 5 years' experience in the games industry in an artistic capacity
- You have at least 3 years of experience as Art Director
- Good sense of graphic design and strong concept artist skills, including Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
- Versatile and familiar with RPG/fantasy genre styles
- Great written and spoken English
Nice to have
- Basic knowledge of Unity and common 3D workflows
- Able to create film clips for motion design concepts or animatics
- Familiar with Maya, ZBrush, Blender
To be successful in this role, we believe that you are a strong communicator who is very good with people. You have an eye for the big picture and are able to set goals that work in a flexible environment. You are well organized and you value collaboration.
Who we are
Resolution Games is a visual computing studio with a proven track record creating immersive gaming experiences for all. We believe that VR and AR aren’t just an add-on for gaming; they are the next logical steps for games. As players and game developers alike, we’ve always dreamed of this day - the day when we can be IN the games we love. That day is finally here, and we are putting all of our energy into making the most of it for all, whether it’s creating a positive experience for someone testing out VR for the first time to delivering a rich, in-depth multiplayer game that keeps enthusiasts hungry for more.
We are looking for someone who wants a unique opportunity and enjoys collaborating. Someone who wants to be a part of a team raising the bar and creating a new set of standards. Our colleagues have can-do attitudes who appreciate a small studio culture. Therefore, even though we have grown, we continue to work in small teams and experiment while tackling complex challenges. We value having every voice heard and seek out diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. Last but not least, we want those of you who are not just skilled but also a great addition to the team. That is because we believe in team over the individual, a great mix of freedom with responsibility, and that people should always come before the process. P.S. Employee stock options are available.