Resolution Games is a VR/AR studio focused on creating immersive experiences for all — from gamers to non-gamers alike. We are looking for a Machine Learning Director to join our talented team. Are you what we are looking for?
About the role
Resolution Games is rapidly planning to scale up our machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities and we are searching for a hands-on experienced leader who can spearhead our efforts. The director will be responsible for developing Resolution’s ML roadmap through strategic planning, goal-setting, impact assessment, and recruitment.
The ideal candidate should have deep, hands-on knowledge of AI/ML and effective leadership to inspire the team, align cross-functional partners, engage senior leadership, and deliver business results. This is a unique opportunity to scale up and lead Resolution’s fledgling ML team ﹣ to impact our business at every level ﹣by solving exciting business problems in our games, game operations, and game development processes. The director role will oversee strategic development while also getting hands on to deliver on the ML roadmap alongside the ML team. This will be done while directly contributing to ML development and experimentation.
What you'll do:
- Strategy development and planning in collaboration with game teams to develop ML roadmap
- Engage directly with the executive management team to champion how ML can be used at Resolution.
- Recruitment and growth based on ML roadmap to build and lead the ML team
- Goal-setting, metric development for impact assessment
- Exercise technical judgment, anticipate bottlenecks, bring them up effectively, make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints.
- Oversee development of data pipelines, model development and experimentation, evaluation pipelines, and other MLOps.
- Oversee deployment of ML in game development, games, and game services.
Advanced degree and/or demonstrated technical understanding of ML ecosystem, techniques, operations, and lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to convert vague business problems into well-defined technical problems that ML teams can solve with concrete evaluation metrics.
- Strong demonstrated ability to provide leadership, people management, and mentorship to teams that have developed/shipped machine learning products.
- Practical insight and understanding into the societal impacts and ethics surrounding any forthcoming Resolution Games’ ML products and services.
- Experience or familiarity with game development.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Unity or other modern game engines
- Experience with on-device ML or experience with ML in resource-constrained environments.
- Experience managing teams using agile/scrum methodologies.
We believe you are a strong communicator with both technical and non-technical audiences in a professional capacity. This is because you need the ability to work with and manage cross-functional partners and stakeholders such as game teams to define an inspiring vision for ML at Resolution. In this role you will need a high degree of autonomy and independence with the ability to take initiative in a dynamic environment.
Who we are
Resolution Games is a visual computing studio with a proven track record creating immersive gaming experiences for all. We believe that VR and AR aren’t just an add-on for gaming; they are the next logical steps for games. As players and game developers alike, we’ve always dreamed of this day - the day when we can be IN the games we love. That day is finally here, and we are putting all of our energy into making the most of it for all, whether it’s creating a positive experience for someone testing out VR for the first time to delivering a rich, in-depth multiplayer game that keeps enthusiasts hungry for more.
We are looking for someone who wants a unique opportunity and enjoys collaborating. Someone who wants to be a part of a team raising the bar and creating a new set of standards. Our colleagues have can-do attitudes who appreciate a small studio culture. Therefore, even though we have grown, we continue to work in small teams and experiment while tackling complex challenges. We value having every voice heard and seek out diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. Last but not least, we want those of you who are not just skilled but also a great addition to the team. That is because we believe in team over the individual, a great mix of freedom with responsibility, and that people should always come before the process. P.S. Employee stock options are available.