Do you want to be part of a company that is leading the way for visual computing, developing the next logical step for games? Do you want to lead our best and brightest towards individual and company-wide success? Then this could be the right opportunity for you!
Resolution Games is a VR/AR studio focused on creating immersive experiences for all — from gamers to non-gamers alike. We are looking for a Programmer Manager to join our talented team. Are you what we are looking for?
What you’ll do
We have a matrix organisation so in short, our managers are responsible for motivating and developing their team members professionally. In other words as a Manager with us you would be responsible for:
Leading peers (programers)
- Motivating - celebrate achievements, make sure there is a good fit of surroundings (team)
- Coaching - improving skill set and explore new areas, expanding responsibilities
- Supporting - in and outside of work issues
- Recruitment - interviews and job adverts
- Resource planning - understanding where your team member best fit and when you will need to increase headcount
- Onboarding - Make sure new employees have computers and software they need
Project - all managers are also operational as senior programmers in different projects
- Implement gameplay and support systems features in VR & AR games
- Develop well-structured and high-performance code of high quality
- Provide technical support and mentor more junior members of staff
Who you are
You are an effective communicator who supports and guides your team to reach goals. You are goal-oriented and organized, whilst maintaining realistic schedules.
- Strong programming skills - We believe you should have at least 5 years of professional experience as a game programmer or programming manager to be successful
- Extensive professional experience from working in a team with game development
- Experience in programming for mobile platforms
- Considerable knowledge of C# and Unity
Nice to have
- Experience of working with VR/AR is a plus
- Previous experience from managing teams
Who we are
Resolution Games is a visual computing studio with a proven track record creating immersive gaming experiences for all. We believe that VR and AR aren’t just an add-on for gaming; they are the next logical steps for games. As players and game developers alike, we’ve always dreamed of this day - the day when we can be IN the games we love. That day is finally here, and we are putting all of our energy into making the most of it for all, whether it’s creating a positive experience for someone testing out VR for the first time to delivering a rich, in-depth multiplayer game that keeps enthusiasts hungry for more.
We are looking for someone who wants a unique opportunity and enjoys collaborating. Someone who wants to be a part of a team raising the bar and creating a new set of standards. Our colleagues have can-do attitudes who appreciate a small studio culture. Therefore, even though we have grown, we continue to work in small teams and experiment while tackling complex challenges. We value having every voice heard and seek out diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. Last but not least, we want those of you who are not just skilled but also a great addition to the team. That is because we believe in team over the individual, a great mix of freedom with responsibility, and that people should always come before the process. P.S. Employee stock options are available.