Resolution Games is a visual computing studio with a proven track record of creating immersive gaming experiences for all. We believe that VR and AR aren't just add-ons for games, but are the next logical steps for games. As players and game developers, we have always dreamed of this day - the day when we IN can play the games we love. That day is finally here, and we are putting all our energy into making it the best it can be, whether it's creating a positive experience for someone trying VR for the first time, or delivering a rich, deep multiplayer game that will leave enthusiasts hungry for more.
We are looking for an experienced Art Director to join our talented team. This is a new role where you will be working with some of the most experienced and talented game developers in the industry. You will be part of a collaborative company with experienced and highly skilled developers working with game teams across the company to create the next generation of games VR and AR.
What you will do
In this role you will translate the vision into artistic elements, set the artistic direction and design the visual style of the game. You will be responsible for ensuring that the visual elements are of the highest quality. You will also act as a visionary, inspiring, motivating and supporting your artistic colleagues. In other words:
- You will drive the development of the title's visual identity
- Develop key graphics and mockups with the team's concept artists to show what the game will look like.
- Coordinate with our marketing team to help them best represent the game.
- Document this visual identity in a bible of sorts, describing and explaining the various scenes, user interfaces, characters, etc.
- Plan the art production with the team's producer and ensure milestone goals are met.
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Review art-related tasks of team members.
- Step in as concept artist when needed or when art direction duties are light.
Who you are
We believe you are a strong communicator who is very good with people. You have an eye for the big picture and are able to set goals that work in a flexible environment. You are well organized, have a calm demeanor, previous experience as a manager and value collaboration.
- You have delivered at least 5 game titles as part of a team OR at least 5 years' experience in the games industry in an artistic capacity
- You have at least 3 years of experience as Art Director
- Good sense of graphic design and strong concept artist skills, including Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
- Basic knowledge of Unity and common 3D workflows.
- Versatile and familiar with different genre styles
- Great written and spoken English
Good to know
- Able to create film clips for motion design concepts or animatics.
- Familiar with Maya, ZBrush, Blender.
Still reading? Good... because here is the best part... We offer a company culture where we believe in small, inclusive and empowered teams. Through our stock option program, we are all part owners.
Sound good to you? Then we can not wait to see your CV and portfolio and look forward to meeting you! We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as the selection process and interviews are ongoing.
P.s. We will provide relocation assistance if needed.