Resolution Games is a VR/AR studio focused on creating immersive experiences for all — from gamers to non-gamers alike. We enjoy pushing the limits and are therefore in need of a UI Artist to join the team. This is because we know how critical user interfaces are to the player experience, and have the ambition to be the best in class, specifically when it comes to UI for Virtual Reality. UI in VR tends to exist inside of a 3D environment, so you must be comfortable creating 3D UI assets.
What you’ll do
As a UI Artist, you will be responsible for creating the assets for the UI in our titles, sometimes in 2D, but mostly in 3D. You will be working closely with our UX Designer, implementing wireframe designs into the game engine as final UI assets. You will also work closely with our Concept Artists and UX Designers to ensure a compelling, high-quality game experience. As UI in VR is still a relatively unexplored area, creativity, and a desire to adapt to the new medium is key.
- Create assets for the UI for several titles in both 3D and sometimes 2D
- Visual development of UI mockups to help establish UI style for various projects.
- You will work with a variety of team members to design, implement, and optimize UI assets for VR
- There will be the opportunity to work on several different projects at once, each with its own style
- You will help maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and carry out revisions as required
Who you are
- Experience working with UI and 3D - VR and games not required but highly desired
- Demonstrate good use of typography, composition, and color
- Strong team skills
- Ability to produce final UI assets in a consistent style in harmony with an existing game’s style
- Adobe Photoshop and Maya or Blender
Nice to have
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization, and implementation
- Skills in animation, motion design, and VFX
- Knowledge of working in Unity
Who we are
Resolution Games is a visual computing studio with a proven track record creating immersive gaming experiences for all. We believe that VR and AR aren’t just an add-on for gaming; they are the next logical steps for games. As players and game developers alike, we’ve always dreamed of this day - the day when we can be IN the games we love. That day is finally here, and we are putting all of our energy into making the most of it for all, whether it’s creating a positive experience for someone testing out VR for the first time to delivering a rich, in-depth multiplayer game that keeps enthusiasts hungry for more.
We are looking for someone who wants a unique opportunity and enjoys collaborating. Someone who wants to be a part of a team raising the bar and creating a new set of standards. Our colleagues have can-do attitudes who appreciate a small studio culture. Therefore, even though we have grown, we continue to work in small teams and experiment while tackling complex challenges. We value having every voice heard and seek out diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. Last but not least, we want those of you who are not just skilled but also a great addition to the team. That is because we believe in team over the individual, a great mix of freedom with responsibility, and that people should always come before the process. P.S. Employee stock options are available.