Resolution Games is a VR/AR studio focused on creating immersive experiences for all — from gamers to non-gamers alike. We are now looking for a Senior Games Designer to join our team.
What you’ll do
As a Game Designer at Resolution Games, you are responsible for all the design for your game. We are a small-ish studio so this means, not just bringing your own ideas to the table but also having the ability to hear out everyone else. All to ultimately create the most high-quality gameplay we can.
On a day-to-day basis, you are comfortable exploring and refining those ideas into practical buildable systems. You will guide a team where you prototype, build and test features together.
- Lead the game vision and desired player experience
- Design, implement, iterate, balance, and tune game mechanics and systems
- Serve as a curious and collaborative leader within cross-disciplinary teams
- Work closely with other departments to produce game design documentation and validate experiences through prototyping, playtesting, and iteration
Who you are
Besides having played a lot of games across different genres and playstyles, you will be able to spot differences and similarities to identify learnings and lessons. You are a great communicator who enjoys working with a cross-functional team. You have experience in designing a card or strategy game. But above all, you enjoy seeing all the pieces of puzzles come together both for the team as well as the player.
- Strong working experience as a Game Designer
- Having designed and shipped a card or strategy game, with deckbuilding or collectible mechanics
- Played & studied many deck-building card games and strategy games, digital and physical
- You see yourself as strategic and knows have to handle extensive beta testing with players and devising useful meta tracking metrics
- Edited gameplay elements extensively with Unity or Unreal, including script changes, version control (Git, Perforce)
Nice to have
- Prototyped core gameplay concepts with your own Unity or Unreal scripting
Who we are
Resolution Games is a visual computing studio with a proven track record creating immersive gaming experiences for all. We believe that VR and AR aren’t just an add-on for gaming; they are the next logical steps for games. As players and game developers alike, we’ve always dreamed of this day - the day when we can be IN the games we love. That day is finally here, and we are putting all of our energy into making the most of it for all, whether it’s creating a positive experience for someone testing out VR for the first time to delivering a rich, in-depth multiplayer game that keeps enthusiasts hungry for more.
We are looking for someone who wants a unique opportunity and enjoys collaborating. Someone who wants to be a part of a team raising the bar and creating a new set of standards. Our colleagues have can-do attitudes who appreciate a small studio culture. Therefore, even though we have grown, we continue to work in small teams and experiment while tackling complex challenges. We value having every voice heard and seek out diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. Last but not least, we want those of you who are not just skilled but also a great addition to the team. That is because we believe in team over the individual, a great mix of freedom with responsibility, and that people should always come before the process. P.S. Employee stock options are available.