Resolution Games is a VR/AR studio focused on creating immersive experiences for all — from gamers to non-gamers alike. We are now looking for aGame Designer to join our team.
What you’ll do
As a Game Designer at Resolution Games, you are responsible for fleshing out the core pillars in all the details and calibrations, from initial rough UI sketches all the way to extensive spreadsheet models. As a small-ish studio, you collaborate tightly with your team that you need to convince to push your ideas and let convince you to spec theirs.
On a day-to-day basis, you are comfortable exploring and refining those ideas into practical buildable systems.
- Detail the game vision and desired player experience
- Design, implement, iterate, balance, and tune game mechanics and systems
- Serve as a curious and collaborative leader within cross-disciplinary teams
- Work closely with other departments to produce game design documentation and validate experiences through prototyping, playtesting, and iteration
All to ultimately create the most high-quality gameplay we can.
Who you are
Besides having played a lot of games across different genres and playstyles, you will be able to spot differences and similarities to identify learnings and lessons. You are a great communicator who enjoys working with a cross-functional team. You have concepted significantly complex UX flows and player progression systems.
- Working experience as a Game Designer
- Specified UX and user progression of a shipped title
- Edited gameplay elements extensively with Unity or Unreal, including script changes, version control (Git, Perforce)
- Proven creativity
- Extensive game culture
Nice to have
- Prototyped core gameplay concepts with your own Unity or Unreal scripting
- Strong knowledge of sports games
- Racket sport practitioner
Please note - We believe in a flat organisation, so internally we tend not to use more than our functional skillset as job titles. That is, "programmer", "3D artist", "producer", or the like. We hope you feel the same way.
Who we are
Resolution Games is a visual computing studio with a proven track record creating immersive gaming experiences for all. We believe that VR and AR aren’t just an add-on for gaming; they are the next logical steps for games. As players and game developers alike, we’ve always dreamed of this day - the day when we can be IN the games we love. That day is finally here, and we are putting all of our energy into making the most of it for all, whether it’s creating a positive experience for someone testing out VR for the first time to delivering a rich, in-depth multiplayer game that keeps enthusiasts hungry for more.
We are looking for someone who wants a unique opportunity and enjoys collaborating. Someone who wants to be a part of a team raising the bar and creating a new set of standards. Our colleagues have can-do attitudes who appreciate a small studio culture. Therefore, even though we have grown, we continue to work in small teams and experiment while tackling complex challenges. We value having every voice heard and seek out diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. Last but not least, we want those of you who are not just skilled but also a great addition to the team. That is because we believe in team over the individual, a great mix of freedom with responsibility, and that people should always come before the process. P.S. Employee stock options are available.